a pocket full of rhinestones

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Urk.

So it's not broken - just a extra-nasty sprain with swelling and bruising and eerily fracture-like pain. The x-ray machines at the U of C hospital are extra fun. They're in this huge vault-like room with nothing but a bed in the middle and this monstrous white machine hanging over it. I had the distinct suspicion that something bad could happen at any moment. And aren't they, like, supposed to cover you with a lead gown or something? All I got was an "are you pregnant?" and "can you move your foot over?". Perhaps I'll turn up with an extra head next year. At the dentist they load you down with about 20 pounds of lead sheeting, but here I was just sitting on a bed while she x-rayed the hell out of my foot.

Other than that I have been in full German mode. Except for the merry jaunt yesterday with Jenny(ie?) whose computer needed a little help (and who made out like a BANDIT at the salvation army - obscene amounts of clothing for mere pennies, folks). I got a new shirt.

Oh, hey look - it's raining again. I've been studying German since 8 am. Babelfish is a godsend. I will speak only in short declarative sentences. I like coffee. It is my new friend. It is good with sugar and cream. I sleep now. Sleep good. Sleep conjugation free. Dream of non-German things.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home