a pocket full of rhinestones

Sunday, September 05, 2004

In the works.

So the party for Judy is in the works. I really hope it comes off ok.

And in my attempt to make it rock I stopped off at the
T-shirt deli today. Oh man is this place cool. I am now thinking of all the possible slogans that I should have printed on t-shirts. Perhaps the suggested "Martha-MacGyver" would be a good choice. Perhaps "If chintz could kill" perhaps something else. Damn expensive, though. You think that $1 a letter is cheap until you realize how many $ are in "instatiation". I have a feeling that my cheapness combined with my knowledge of 15 letter words are not going to work together happily on this venture. Damn that degree in literature. I'm sure that some kind of postmodernist commentary on the poverty of modern language can be made here - perhaps it can be combined with an analysis of classified section advertisements, perhaps not. I am personally not up to the task.

The people are really nice (although suspiciously high), and smiled when I walked in.

me: (staggering in the door after driving around for 20 min trying to find it and running a stop sign) "I need a t-shirt"

Them: "My god! It looks like you have a T-shirt emergency!"

me: are they serious? I look down at my shirt - do I look that bad? Or do I look that worried? And what exactly would constitute a t-shirt emergency? shouldn't lights be flashing and a squad of t-shirt operatives drop from the ceiling to offer assistance? I look into her smiling face which is staring at a spot 3 inches to the left of my ear unblinking (must be high) and said "Yes. A t-shirt emergency. This is urgent. I need a t-shirt. I need a slogan. We must make haste"

She took this in stride and walked me through the amusing steps to t-shirt goodness. Walking out of the door, doggie bag in hand, I realized that I could have made this shirt at home for 1/3 the cost, but the charm and effortlessness was enticing. I will return.

In any case. I enjoyed my first day alone in Evanston for the past 2 weeks. Ahhhh.... silence. I don't know how I became socially involved, and it is (for the record) quite fun, but sleeping in and doing my dishes have their merits. I think, however, that I am done thrifting for awhile. I have been on thrift overload. Tomorrow will probably prove to be another lazy day eating muffins (my sister makes AMAZING muffins), sleeping, working on the website, and writing things down in the new planner that I got. My planner is so cool. I finally have enough things to do that I can't remember them all. So now I have a planner with a spaceship on it.

I also went to this amazing place yesterday called Body Chemistry where you can scent your own lotions and shampoo. I got a lotion with sparklys in it with honey and lilac scent, and it is the most delicious thing I have ever smelled. Sweet!

Ok, I am obviously tired because this is one of the most rambling posts yet. I apologise and will go straight to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home